Political Subdivisions Interim Committee
Rep. R. Curt Webb (R), Chair
Sen. Daniel W. Thatcher (R), Chair
Rep. Johnny Anderson (R)
Rep. Joel K. Briscoe (D)
Rep. Kim Coleman (R)
Rep. Rich Cunningham (R)
Rep. Don L. Ipson (R)
Rep. Michael S. Kennedy (R)
Rep. Kraig Powell (R)
Rep. Douglas V. Sagers (R)
Rep. Earl D. Tanner (R)
Rep. John R. Westwood (R)
Rep. Mark A. Wheatley (D)
Sen. Wayne A. Harper (R)
Sen. Karen Mayne (D)
Sen. Wayne L. Niederhauser (R)
Sen. Jerry W. Stevenson (R)
- Zoning (Christensen) – study federal and state law relationships and local zoning laws related to single‐family residence and substance abuse residence recovery. Political Subdivisions Interim Committee will focus on the licensing and zoning aspect of substance abuse recovery residences, and the Judiciary Interim Committee will focus on the federal‐state law issues.
- Local districts and other limited government local entities – study the different limited purpose local government entities authorized in statute to understand how each is created, dissolved and operated, and what level of oversight exists. Additionally, study whether additional statutory authority is needed to allow local districts to provide multiple services/ facilities together in accordance with recent federal law.
- Short term rentals (Knotwell) – study land use issues and regulations related to short-term rentals and tax collection.
- Local historic districts (Wilson) – study the process used by municipalities to create local historic districts, including how historic landmark commissions approve/deny projects.
- Mobile Home Helpline (Thatcher) – (required report and sunset review) the University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law is required to report on the status of the mobile home helpline.
Click here to see upcoming agendas, stream live meetings and to listen to past discussions.