Retirement and Independent Entities Interim Committee
The Retirement and Independent Entities Committee is a statutorily created legislative committee and is an interim committee created by legislative rule (See Utah Code Section 63E-1-201 and IR1-1-201). By legislative rule, Senate members constitute the Retirement and Independent Entities Senate Standing Committee and House members constitute the Retirement and Independent Entities House Standing Committee. Members of the committee are also the members of the Retirement and Independent Entities Subcommittee of the Joint Appropriations Committee.
Rep. Kraig Powell (R), Chair
Sen. Todd Weiler (R), Chair
Rep. Rich Cunningham (R)
Rep. Sophia M. DiCaro (R)
Rep. Susan Duckworth (D)
Rep. Steve Eliason (R)
Rep. Lynn N. Hemingway (D)
Rep. Bradley G. Last (R)
Rep. Marie H. Poulson (D)
Rep. John R. Westwood (R)
Sen. Curtis S. Bramble (R)
Sen. Gene Davis (D)
Sen. Margaret Dayton (R)
Sen. Karen Mayne (D)
Sen. Daniel W. Thatcher (R)
- Compensation and benefits analysis of Tier II‐eligible Public Safety officers, firefighters and educators.
- Analysis of Tier I Unfunded Actuarial Accrued Liability (UAAL).
- Update on URS’s certified contribution rates.
- Analysis of URS’s actuarial assumed rate of return.
- Update from URS on implementation of Phased Retirement (2016 S.B. 19).
- Full postretirement reemployment after 60 days for educators in rural counties.
- Potential amendment of earnings cap for postretirement reemployment after between 60 – 364 days for all other employees.
- URS technical review.
Click here to see upcoming agendas, stream live meetings and to listen to past discussions.