We’ve now made through 1/3 of the Session. 30 days remaining.
We’ll be on the floor beginning at 10. Here are a few bills that may be up for debate:
- HB283Nonprofit Entity Receipt of Government Money. This bill, sponsored by Rep. Ronda Menlove, would require greater transparency and financial reporting from nonprofits that may benefit from a state entity’s funding.
This afternoon, we’re headed back to standing committees. Here’s a list, all beginning at 2.
- Econ Dev/Work Serv – 25 House
- Government Ops – 20 House
- Political Subdiv – 450 Capitol
- Rev and Tax – 445 Capitol
On Friday, the first data report from the Alcohol Abuse Tracking Committee was released. Rep. Wilcox, who sponsored the bill creating the committee during the 2012 General Session, was in the Speaker’s daily availability to answer questions about the report, and how that could affect Utah’s alcohol policy.
Deseret News: Let’s forego the HB80 to go 80 puns, and get to the bill. HB80, sponsored by Rep. Dunnigan, allows UDOT to conduct studies on sections of highway to determine whether the speed limit can be raised. The House passed the bill last week.