Week four is upon us. The schedule for today looks like this:
Appropriations Subcommittees, beginning at 8 AM:
- Higher Education (210 Senate)- The committee will hear the Governor’s budget proposals.
- Public Education (445 Capitol)- This committee will be hearing the Governor’s recommendations for the budget.
House Floor Time, 10 AM:
- Here’s a link to the 3rd Reading Calendar, where you can review all the bills up for a vote.
Speaker’s Q&A, 1:45 PM:
- This will stream live on our Facebook page.
Standing Committees, 2 PM:
- Government Operations (20 House)- House Bill 310-State and Political Subdivision Employment Amendments- This bill would prohibit certain government entities from making seniority a primary factor when considering termination.
- Revenue and Taxation (445 Capitol)- House Bill 385– Sales and Use Tax- Seller Notice Requirements- This bill would require online sellers in the state to inform buyers within the state of taxes the state requires.
Standing Committees, 4 PM:
- Education Committee (445 Capitol)- House Bill 123– Educations Savings Account- This bill would allow all high school students to receive a yearly amount of $6,400 to go towards tuition in any public school they choose.
Here’s the full schedule of today’s committees, as well as the rest of the week.