It’s Valentine’s Day. And what’s more romantic than settling in and listening to some committee hearings? Nothing, that’s what. Here’s some possible highlights for today.
Appropriations Subcommittees (8 AM)-
- All of the subcommittees will begin final prioritization, and voting for their proposed budgets on their respective categories.
House Floor Vote (10 AM)-
- House Bill 306– Disposal of Unused Prescription Drugs- This bill would allow pharmacies to take unused prescriptions to help curb prescription abuse.
- House Bill 105– Official Voter Registrations Amendments- This bill would require that a county clerk’s office remove a deceased person from the voter registry once the Health Department has confirmed. *A new study was just released today saying that an estimated 1.8 million deceased person are on voter registries nationwide
Speaker’s Daily Media Availability (1:45 PM)-
- This will be streamed live on our Facebook page. Just click on the “UStream” tab on the left.
House Standing Committees (2 PM)-
- Take note that the Transportation Committee has cancelled it’s meeting today.
House Standing Committees (4 PM)-
- Both the Revenue and Taxation and Workforce Services Committees have cancelled meetings today.
Here’s a full list of today’s schedule.