Here’s are some highlights coming up on Day 23.
House Standing Committees (8 AM)-
- Natural Resources (445 Capitol)- House Bill 511– Eminent Domain of Federal Land- This bill would authorize local governments to reclaim lands that are currently federally owned, beginning in 2014.
- Transportation (450 Capitol)- House Bill 87– Billboard Revisions- This bill allows billboard owners greater flexibility to advertise their client’s businesses on electronic billboards, and prohibits municipalities from enacting certain restrictions.
House Floor (10 AM)-
- House Bill 90– Public Meetings During Party Caucuses- This bill would prohibit public meetings from occurring during party caucuses. This bill is proposed to increase caucus turnout.
- House Joint Resolution 12– Joint Resolution on Property Tax Exemption for Certain Military Personnel- This bill would allow for a state Constitutional amendment excluding those military personnel serving outside the state from property taxes.
House Majority Caucus- (12:30 PM)-
- Majority Caucus meets in the Caucus Room at 12:30 on the 3rd floor. The public is welcome to attend.
- As always, this availability is streamed live on our Facebook page.
House Floor (2 PM)-
- The reading calendars are available here, for all your viewing and researching pleasure. Now you can check out all of the bills up for discussion. Neat.
Appropriations Subcommittees (5 PM)-
- Executive Offices (25 House)- This committee will wrap up its work for this Session, by prioritizing and voting on a budget proposal.
Reps in the News-
- Rep. Todd Kiser has announced he will not be running for reelection this year. Bob Bernick has more.