Here’s your Morning Buzz for today, Day 30. 15 days left.
Standing Committees (8 AM)-
- Revenue and Taxation (445 Capitol)
- Government Operations (20 House)
- Political Subdivisions (450 Capitol)
- Workforce Services (25 House)
House Floor (10 AM)-
- 1Sub House Bill 298– Motor Vehicle Safety Inspection Amendments- This bill would decrease the amount of safety inspections needed. Here’s more information about the bill.
- House Concurrent Resolution 4– This resolution honors Weber County Law Enforcement officers for their work. It will be heard on the Floor at 10:30
Speaker’s Q&A (1:45 PM)-
- Live on Facebook! Tune in here.
House Floor (2 PM)-
- House Bill 140– Vehicle Checkpoint Amendments- This bill would eliminate authorized checkpoints on local roads. Here’s more information on this bill.
- House Bill 511– Eminent Domain of Federal Land- This bill authorizes a political subdivision to take control of federal lands.
Standing Committees (4 PM)-
- Business and Labor (450 Capitol)
- Education (445 Capitol)
- Health and Human Services (25 House)
- Public Utilities (20 House)
Executive Appropriations Committees (6 PM)
- This committee will be holding hearings to make final recommendations on the state budget for FY 2012. They’ll be discussing subcommittee budget reports.