Happy Friday, everyone. Here’s what Day 32 looks like.
Morning Standing Committees-
- Government Operations (30 House at 7:30 AM)- House Bill 502– Incorporation Amendments- This bill amends statute by decreasing the amount of acreage, population, and land value needed to begin the process to incorporate into a city.
- Revenue and Taxation (445 Capitol at 8 AM)- House Bill 299– Tax Revisions- This bill would propose reducing tax rates, including income tax rates.
Morning Floor Time (10 AM)-
- House Joint Resolution 9– Joint Resolution on Monetary Declaration- This bill would express support for commercial businesses to create monetary systems that feature other forms of tender, including gold and silver.
- House Bill 141– State Sovereignty and Rights of Set-Off- This bill requires that the federal government give the state of Utah, as expressed in the 9th and 10th Amendments, return the state’s sovereign rights.
Speaker’s Q&A (1:45 PM)-
- This will be streamed live on our Facebook page.
- Here’s a link to yesterday’s Q&A, featuring Rep. Butterfield on his vehicle checkpoint amendments.
Afternoon Floor Time (2 PM)-
- House Bill 511– Eminent Domain of Federal Land- This bill authorizes a political subdivision to take control of federal lands.
- 1Sub House Bill 298– Motor Vehicle Safety Inspection Amendments- This bill would decrease the amount of safety inspections needed. Here’s more information about the bill.
Afternoon Standing Committees (4 PM)-
- Education- House Bill 123– This bill would create students accounts for high school students to use towards course fees at any public school. Here’s some more information about the bill.
Have a nice weekend, and we’ll see you back next week!