Morning Buzz: February 27, 2012
Welcome to the beginning of our last full week of the 2012 General Session. Day 35 is below.
Morning Standing Committees (8 AM)
- Judiciary (20 House)- House Bill 346- Amendments Regarding Competency to Stand Trail- This bill would allow for judges to consider all evidence when determining competency, including contacts around the suspect.
- Transportation (450 Capitol)- House Bill 133 Sub 1- Vehicle Registration Amendments- This bill would allow citizens to choose whether to use a 6 month or 1 year vehicle registration.
Morning Floor Time (10 AM)
- House Bill 395 Sub 1- Firearms Amendments- This bill would allow those who have been acquitted of a criminal act to not be denied a firearm.
- House Bill 176 Sub 1- County Land Use Plans- This bill would create a process for a county the ability to use federal lands within their counties for other purposes.
Speaker’s Q&A (1:45 PM)
- This will be streamed live on our Facebook page. Just click on the “Ustream” link on the left.
- Here’s a link to Friday’s Q&A.
Afternoon Floor Time (2 PM)
- House Bill 511- Eminent Domain of Federal Land- This bill authorizes a political subdivision to take control of federal lands.
- House Joint Resolution 13- Joint Resolution Tax Opinion Question- This bill would ask the voters whether or not they would support additional tax to support the arts, heritage, and culture.
Standing Committees (4 PM)
- Government Operations (20 House)- House Bill 493- Campaign Finance Disclosure Amendments- This bill would require all anonymous campaign donations over $50 be donated to the state General Fund.
- Revenue and Taxation (445 Capitol)- House Bill 354- Alcohol Beverage Amendments- This bill makes changes to money collected from mark-up on liquor sales. Here’s more information about the bill.