Morning Buzz: February 29, 2012
It’s Leap Day. What better way to celebrate than with a very packed day of legislation. Here are some highlights.
Morning Standing Committee
- Government Operations (30 House at 7 AM)- House Bill 502 1 Sub- This bill would make amendments to incorporation of a city. This bill was originally heard last week, but substituted after public comment.
- Political Subdivisions (450 Capitol at 8 AM)- House Bill 337- This bill would require that local government entities to begin archiving their audio/video on a state transparency website.
- We’re on the Floor today at 10 AM, 2 PM, and again at 8 PM. You can live stream all the Floor times at le.utah.gov. Click on “House Floor”. Here are the Reading Calendars for today, so you can check out what interests you.
- Held at 1:45 PM in the Speaker’s office. If you can’t make it, you can watch live on our Facebook page.
- Here’s a link to yesterday’s Q&A, discussing immigration and alcohol policy.
Afternoon Standing Committees
- Education (445 Capitol)- House Bill 389- This bill would require that SEOP (Student Education/Occupation Plan) be planned and initiated earlier, to help students on the path to permanent occupation.
- Public Utilities (20 House)- House Bill 284 Sub 1- Regents’ Scholarship Program Amendments- This raises the qualifications for this scholarship, to include college courses that have been taken during a student’s high school career.
Considering there is so much going on today, please check out the Legislature’s website to find out all the committees, see all the agendas, and listen in to whatever you wish.