Day 17. Here’s the plan:
8 AM: Appropriations Subcommittees (some highlights):
- Executive Offices (25 House)- This committee will be hearing presentations on the department of corrections.
- Infrastructure (445 Capitol)- The committee will hear a review of the recent UTA audit.
10 AM: Debate on House floor, bills on the 3rd reading calendar:
- House Bill 90– Public Meetings during Party Caucus- This bill proposes that no public meetings be held on party caucus days. It would work to increase public participation in the caucus system.
1:45 PM: Speaker’s Q&A, streamed on Facebook.
2 PM: Standing Committees (selected highlights):
- Public Utilities (20 House)- House Bill 118– Storage of Electronic Records- This bill amends (decreases) the time a search warrant can apply to electronic records.
- Education (445 Capitol)- House Bill 322– Higher Education Tenure- This proposed bill would eliminate tenure for some in higher education professions.
4 PM: Standing Committees (selected highlights):
- Law Enforcement (25 House)- House Bill 129– Defense of Property and Person- This bill would clarify some language regarding protecting one’s home and family from invasion.
- Natural Resources (445 Capitol)- House Bill 192– Private Property Rights- This bill ensures that property owners are not held liable when trespassers on land injure themselves due to recreational incidents.
For a full list of committees and the rest of the week’s schedule, visiting the 3rd Week Calendar.
Reps in the News:
Freshmen Rep. McKay profiled in the Tribune this morning.