Here’s a recap of what happened yesterday.
Utah welcomed it’s first female Speaker of House. In her opening remarks, Speaker Lockhart shared some fun facts about Utah’s first female State Senate, Martha Hughes Cannon who defeated her husband in the race for the seat, becoming the first women elected to the State Senate in the nation.
“It’s a pure nullification bill,” Wimmer said Monday. “Any federal land grabs, any further protections by the federal government will be null and void … unless it’s conducted with the state Legislature’s approval.”
*For a full schedule of what’s happening in the House today, check out our blog
* HB64 introduced by Rep. Stephen Handy would lower the age to donate blood from 17 to 16.
* Things to watch for today: Executive Appropriations Committee tonight.
For other perspectives on the news, links and insights check out these other sites:
* Utah.gov daily top stories
* The guys over at the Tribune’s Out of Context
* Bryan Schott’s Utah Policy
* Our friends in the House of Lords SenateSite.
* Utah’s award winning blogger Holly on the Hill